If you are already in France there are currently few travel restrictions – but please note that there is a curfew from 6pm to 6am across France – no travel permitted during this time.
Travel to France from the UK is currently not permitted (correct as of 21/01/2021) except for essential reasons. Viewing property does not count as an “essential” reason for travel.
VISITS TO THE OFFICE:
Our offices are open and you are able to come and visit us. However, we follow the guidance provided by the government and there are severe restrictions:
- a very limited number of visitors per office (so if possible, please call before coming to see us)
- masks must be worn and hands cleansed with hydro-alcoholic gel upon entry
- office visits limited in length
VISITS TO PROPERTIES:
Visits can only be arranged with substantial advance notice – it is extremely unlikely that a visit will be able to take place on the day it is requested – please try to give at least 24 hours notice (ideally more) as we are required to obtain written permission from the occupant (if the property is lived in).
Visits are by appointment only and only at the time and date agreed. Visits will generally be restricted to 30 minutes.
Before the visit:
- be aware that visits may be restricted to just one or two visitors
- should you have ANY of the symptoms that may indicate a risk, please inform your contact at the agency without delay
During the visit, please:
- wear a mask and use hydro-alcoholic gel.
- respect the minimum 1 metre distance from other people
- clean your hands with hydro-alcoholic gel before entering a property
- do not touch anything during your visit (including door handles and light switches)
- in necessary cough or sneeze into you elbow
- respect the requests made to you by your agent
After the visit:
- clean your hands with hydro-alcoholic gel
FOR OUR SELLERS
If you currently have your house advertised with us, rest assured that we are doing what we can to continue advertising and generating interest. We are able to undertake on-site visits, and we are also in contact with potential buyers by email, phone and video-conferencing.
Now is a perfect opportunity to gather together all the documentation that you will need in the event of a sale. For example, have you undertaken renovation of building works (such as converting a barn or installing a pool)? If so, it would be a good idea to prepare a file with all your planning permission paperwork – including the document the attests that the work is finished. Should you have any questions about the documents you will need for a sale, get in touch.
If you currently have a sale going through, we have already contacted your notaire trying, to ensure that the sale progresses, if needs be by proxy. We will be in contact with you to advise on our progress.
If you are thinking of putting your property on the market, contact us now so that we can discuss the process with you – contact us We are able to sign mandates electronically, so we may be able to get your property on the market sooner than you think.